Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Let's go to Space!

Man have I had all things space and physics-related on the brain this week!  Not sure if it's the Large Hadron Collider all up in the news, the presentation I just had to give on the dawn of astronomy, my job working with rocket scientists or what...

Anyway, I was cruising around the interwebs and this caught my eye:



It's one of a series by artist Steve Thomas, more of which can be found here.

I love the design - I'm a huge fan of vintage product and travel posters, and the blend of future ideas with older graphic style is really intriguing!  Plus, it's just fun to imagine jetsetting around the solar system, skiing on Pluto, etc.

I promise a more relevant post later this week with photos of the Boston Ahts Festival that happened this past weekend.  We had a blast and met a lot of very cool, talented artists and crafters.  And as always we enjoyed chatting with our customers too!

I'll also post more info about our upcoming participation in Baked Fresh, an awesome craft market that is part of the SOWA Open Market family.  It's happening on Sun October 5, so mark your calendars now, because it'll be a good one!

No comments: